Supported Independent Living (SIL)

Real Community Services (RCS) is an experienced Service Provider allowing participants to receive quality and tailored supports to meet their individualised needs.

RCS is expanding our Supported Independent Living service to enhance your ability to live independently. We work with you to learn practical skills, empowering you to better manage your home environment, relationships and community engagement. We will empower you through informed decision making, promoting dignity, developing skills, encouraging independence and support you to achieve your goals. We will help you to understand what services are available, how they can be accessed and delivered to ensure your needs are met. Interested in exploring your independence? Contact RCS today for a coffee and a chat.

What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?

Supported independent living is a type of funding receive through NDIS to help you live as independently as possible while receiving the supports you need.

SIL funding is for participants who require 24/7 support while living in a shared home.

The SIL funding provided by NDIS will cover the cost of your in-home support team.

SIL funding can be difficult to understand, and you may be unsure how it could best suit your needs. RCS can support you through this process. “Our goal is Your Independence, Your way”

Who can help me with Supported Independent Living?

Support Coordinators are an important part of the Supported Independent Living puzzle. They will help you navigate the process and liaise directly with allied health and service providers. Together we will work with you to have all the information you need to present at your plan meeting.

How do I get Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding?

Like all things with the NDIS, SIL funding needs to be deemed reasonable and necessary by your NDIS planner.

When you go into your planning meeting, you will need to explain to your planner why SIL funding is reasonable and necessary to your circumstances.

Remember your NDIS Planner doesn’t know you, instead only knowing what you tell them. We recommend you be prepared and be clear to increase your chances of receiving SIL funding.

Can you use your SIL funding in your own home or private rental?

Yes, you can. RCS can provide Supported Independent Living funding can be used in different accommodation arrangements such as:

  • Special Disability Accommodation (SDA)
  • Private rental
  • A house that you own
  • Department of Housing and other similar services
  • Shared or group accommodation
Ready to take charge of your independence and explore new opportunities? Real Community Services (RCS) is here to support you on your journey towards greater autonomy and fulfillment. Whether you’re interested in our Supported Independent Living service or need assistance navigating the complexities of SIL funding, we’re here to help. Contact RCS today for a coffee and a chat, and let’s embark on this empowering journey together!


Make an Enquiry

Are you ready to make an enquiry? Click the link below to fill out an online enquiry. The more information you provide, the better we can tailor our support. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office to talk over your referral.

All enquiries and personal information are strictly confidential. Your information will not be shared by us to anyone without your permission, or unless required by law.

Real Community Services invites you to speak with us about our available properties from Gympie to Gold Coast.
or call us on 1300 007 270.
Click here to learn more
Real Community Services invites you to speak with us about our available properties from Gympie to Gold Coast.
or call us on 1300 007 270.
Click here to learn more