Services For Children With Disabilities
Real Community Services provides a great variety of individualised supports in the community and at home for children and their families
We believe that a priority for our Youth Support Workers is to encourage the development of pro-social behaviours, enhance self-worth, sense of well-being, and inclusion. We specialise in supporting young people living with a disability and/or moderate to extreme needs.
As a specialist in supporting people who have a disability, children and their families are a strong focus for Real Community Services. We want to ensure children and young people are protected from abuse and provided with the supports and environment to flourish.
- Transitional services
- Temporary to medium term residential share accommodation
- Specialised in providing support services for young people living with a disability and those with challenging behaviours
- Emergency care
What we offer
- Youth Workers: Our youth workers are trained in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) delivering support and care using a therapeutic approach. We are also specialized in delivering support services to young people living with a disability and for those displaying challenging behaviours.
- Transitional Placement: We offer transitional placements for young people exiting care, transitioning to Disability Services or awaiting foster placement
- Community support and access: We provide assistance in returning young people to school, accessing the community and building beneficial relationships with peers and community groups.
- Emergency Care: Real Community offers immediate support and staffing services in response to emergency care situations. We can provide these services in a variety of locations, conditions and continue both short and medium term
Shining a light on good practice
Shining a light on good practice shares 18 incredible stories of real-life child protection work from FACS and non-government service providers.
From early intervention, pre-natal support, child protection, restoration and out of home care, these stories demonstrate the power of strong relationships and skilled, compassionate casework.
Acknowledgement to the families who shared their stories and made the report possible as well as Family and Community Services (NSW)
Child Protection Helpline
To report suspected child abuse or neglect, call the Child Protection Helpline
After hours and on weekends - contact the Child Safety After Hours Service Centre on 1800 177 135 or (07) 3235 9999. The service operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Are you ready to make a client referral? Click the link below to fill out an online referral. The more information you provide, the better we can tailor our support. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office to talk over your referral.
All referrals and personal information are strictly confidential. Your information will not be shared by us to anyone without your permission, or unless required by law.